Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Tiger and the Ram

The Tiger and the Ram
Mongolian animal folktale

You think German rams can bluff just as well?
Once upon a time there lived a tiger. When he was strolling around one day, he met a ram and asked:
“What is your name?”

“My name is Ram Wandan,” said the ram. “How is your name?”

“My name is Tiger Wandan,” replied the tiger and then he went on to ask: “What is that on your head?”

“These are my two sabers to kill tigers with,” said the ram.

“And what do you have hanging there in your crotch?” the tiger asked somewhat intimidated.

“Oh, these are my two pouches for garlic and onions to spice my tiger meat with,” the ram replied.

At that, the tiger ran off in panic. On his wild chase he finally met a wolf. “Mister Tiger, mister Tiger, why are you running so?” the wolf asked. “A ram was about to eat me and is chasing after me with his sabers drawn!” the tiger told him.

“Since when do rams kill and eat tigers? No, no, you have been outfoxed. Let us go back there together, catch the ram and eat him,” said the wolf. The tiger agreed and off they went together with the wolf hanging on the tiger’s tail with his teeth.

When the ram saw the two of them, he called: “Oh, my dear tiger, you have brought a friend? How wonderful?” And when he charged them, the tiger turned on the spot and raced off in wild panic.

He had run for quite a while when he turned around and saw that the wolf was hot on his heels, showing him his teeth. “You are smiling while I am so frightened.” And enraged he caught the wolf and killed him.

0 comments:

Dí lo que piensas...

 
Copyright © 2014 by Read Ant Library. All rights reserved. | Terms of Service | International Stories